Jun 14, 2010

can chocolate cause acne??

Posted in Acne
Subject: can chocolate cause acne??

Click here to view this posting and others in Acne.


I can only speak from my own experience, but I've never found chocolate to cause acne breakouts.  I am a complete chocoholic and eat a piece of chocolate pretty much every day.  I've never seen any connection between breakouts and chocolate.

On the other hand, I do find that I break out if my overall diet has been unhealthy for a few days.  Fatigue, stress, unhealthy eating, and lack of exercise all contribute to acne.  When your immune system is being challenged, your body has trouble defending itself against all types of bacteria and viruses, including the factors that cause acne.  So, in these cases chocolate could be a contributing factor to acne if people are replacing healthy food for chocolate or are eating the chocolate as a way of coping with stress.

As I said, these are my personal thoughts and experience, but they do reflect some of the common research that has been done.

 - Sharyn

MakeupForAcne.net

Posted via email from Makeup for Acne

No comments:

Post a Comment